· PoetSpeak believes our culture is enriched by poetic insight in poetry and song.
· PoetSpeak believes that each of us has a poem or a song, at one time or another, that needs sharing.
· PoetSpeak believes that valuable poems are created by children as well as adults, men as well as women.
· PoetSpeak believes that there is great value in reading and listening to poetry produced by poets of widely different cultural and experiential backgrounds.
Accessible * Useful * Enjoyable Poetry
· PoetSpeak will work passionately to arrange performances of poets from all walks of life, culture and gender.
· PoetSpeak will work with schools, teachers and students to participate in public performances, and to set up PoetSpeak school performances.
· PoetSpeak will publish poetry columns in magazines and newspapers to reach readers that do not ordinarily read poetry.
· PoetSpeak will publish quality and affordable anthologies containing all poems performed at each public performance.
· PoetSpeak will publish a yearly Best of PoetSpeak Anthology.
· PoetSpeak will work passionately to create a community of poets.
· PoetSpeak will make FREE audio and video recordings for distribution to school and public libraries.
· PoetSpeak will maintain a web site featuring representative poetry of poets appearing on PoetSpeak performances.